Friday, June 10, 2011

Changes – It is coming! Always Coming!

I've been thinking a lot about dreams and change! It seems those two always go together don't they? Dreams and Change!! Huge words in my life! How about you? Since I love fashion, especially vintage fashion, I thought we would have a little fun today. How would you like to look at two "outfits" entitled Attractive Afternoon Gowns from the March, 1901 Delineator magazine? Just think about your afternoons. Do you drive kids or grands to soccer, football, dance, basketball, or gymnastics? Do you run errands such as picking up a prescription, the laundry or dropping by to check on a friend who is sick? Do you run a business? Are you on the sales floor of your business – perhaps a little shop? Do you work in an office? Are you a computer guru sitting at a computer most of the day? Are you a lawyer with a court appearance on some afternoons? How would you like to wear one of these outfits – complete with a bouffy hat? Change has to happen and does happen. Just be glad we don't have to pinch in our waists and wear these clothes for our "Attractive Afternoon Gowns."

Do you know that dreams can come true? It did for me when God allowed me to enter the sewing business and earn my living through sewing. I encourage you to dream some dreams, write down some plans and pray a lot. I think change is inevitable in my life and in yours. Sometimes I think, "I don't want any more change." But, of course change is going to come. Now, you might just plan your change around making some dreams become alive. Then after dreaming make some concrete plans to see if these dreams really are what you want. It is worth some thinking about! I love the quote from Woodrow Wilson below. Read it and dream your dreams.

God Bless You,
Martha

We grow great by dreams. All big men are dreamers. They see things in the soft haze of a spring day or in the red fire of a long winter's evening. Some of us let these great dreams die, but others nourish and protect them; nurse them through bad days till they bring them to the sunshine and light which comes always to those who sincerely hope that their dreams will come true.

Woodrow Wilson

1 comment:

  1. I've been "nursing" my dreams for several months now. The dream began years ago but manifested while attending a MP event in Tucson, AZ. I lost my financial officer job in Jan 2008 (after 38 years) and I've been unemployed since. I love to teach and I love to sew. You made me hope that one day I could be teaching sewing at my local fabric stores. My new goal is to get to a licensing class. I know somehow God will provide a way for me to get there. It may not be this year, but it will happen! I just need to be patient and let God lead me. Thank you Martha for your inspiration, for your love of God and for never giving up when it would have be so easy to do and for sharing your God-given skills!

    ReplyDelete